editing process

Editing process

To edit my video I made the decision to use Adobe Premier Elements. 



- First of all I had to save all my videos in my folder so I could successfully put them on my editing software. This is because I had to have my clips on the computers system for them to be transferred onto the adobe elements editing software. I couldn't just take them (my video clips) from my phone and put them on the Adobe elements software, I had to save them from my phone to the computer.


- I then put all my videos on the software and put them in order. 


- Once I had my video clips in order I had to cut down some clips and spread them out to make the video flow better, and make it bearable to watch. This didn't take long but caused my video to be a lot better.


- Next I decided to play around with all the features of adobe elements software. This would consist of using tools like slow motion to make sure my video can be as unique and as perfect as I can possibly make it. I put a few shots in slow motion to add a smoother flow to the whole video. I added a few special effects but these were very unrealistic and although some of the effects added made sense to use they just made the video look very tacky and corny, so i decided to remove all the sfx in the video.


- After the clips were in order and spread out I had to make sure that the music perfectly synced up with my clips, this is because there's parts of my song that work well with the chorus then there's parts that are more linked with the chorus. The verse of the song would sync up with the longer shots that would be in chronological order, and the chorus of the song would be synced up with all the small up beat parts of my video.


- Once I believed my video was done, from what I could see during editing, I would watch the video and make sure the song is in perfect sync with the video and that the video flows as well as I wanted it to.


- As soon as I believed my draft was complete I could then export it, exporting would allow me to turn what I have done on the adobe elements software into a video file. making it into a video file is very important because this would allow me to upload my video to YouTube, Vimeo or another video streaming site. I uploaded mine to Vimeo due to the problems I had with YouTube.



Problems:


- The main problem with my video draft is that, even though I tried my hardest to sync the video and song together, the video and song don't sync together.


A solution to this is to add a small clip just before the bulk of my video starts. Or I could try and edit the song and make sure it is a perfect fit for my video.


- Another problem with my video was when I uploaded my video to YouTube. Once on YouTube my video was removed for copyright. 


The solution to this to put my video up on Vimeo and that's exactly what I did, and it didn't get taken down.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog