My Mood Board 
I have made a Prezi to present different genres of music from around the world. I created 5, sections with each section being based on an artist from a certain genre.The sections vary from rap, rock, jazz, reggae & pop. In the sections I talked about the brief background of an artist from the genre. It shows you how different each culture based around music is. Also how each music genre portrays their music in videos and how they show off their talent.

I picked Prezi because it suited what I wanted to make. It allowed me to isolate a section and add subtopics to compact a genre into its own part. this made the layout a lot more ordered and this ultimately made me have more space for my title page so it looks more aesthetically pleasing. I also liked Prezi because it was unique in the fact I could make a whole new page compact into a small circle. This made it a lot easier for me to make the title screen look a lot better instead of there being writing all over the page and making it harder to not be creative.

My first section is on rap. I did that section on the artist Biggie Smalls. I talked briefly about how he is one of the most influential rappers of all time. I also added some of his album overs in which really show off the gangsta rap culture he is from. this is because his album names indicate life and death. Another thing I added in this section was the music video mood board.

I picked the artist Jimi Hendrix for my rock section. I picked him because he is one of the most famous guitarist of all time. I also picked Jimi Hendrix as the main artist because he is a very influential artist and has a very unique way of portraying his music. The way he is dressed in his videos shows clearly that he has a eye catching culture and has very interesting music.

I picked Jazz because it is a very old form of music. this meant I could see how mainstream music has changed from them to now. In the videos it shows how professional their culture is as they all dress in suits and look very serious. I picked Louis Armstrong because he is a very famous jazz player and has songs recognized all around the world still to this day.

My forth section is on reggae. I picked reggae because it has a very different style to all the other genres in my prezi. I picked Bob Marley as my artist as he is the most famous reggae artist of all time who has very famous songs. He also is a big believer in weed and is on of the reasons it is legal in some countries.

Finally my last section is on pop. For this I picked Michael Jackson. The reason I picked Michael Jackson is because he is dubbed the 'King Of Pop', which means he is one of the most popular and inspirational musicians of all time. He made his videos as if they were films. some of his music videos reached up to 18 minutes. This shows he put a lot of effort into entertaining his fans.

Positives:
-My presentation is very neat and ordered as I could put each section in a subsection.
-It is very creative because I set everything out in a very imaginative way.
-My background fitted very well to the theme of my presentation.
-I also changed the colors of  the writing for the title of each section to make it suit the genre.

Negatives:
-Some of the artists videos were just live performances and did not have any creativity, if I had more time I would find artist with creative music videos.
-I could not enlarge the background and therefore the background is a little to small for my presentations frame.

Conclusion:
To conclude my presentation has creative touch but I could definitely make a few obvious minor improvements in order to make it a higher standard presentation. for example if I made sure no music videos were just live performances then it would heighten the equality of my piece. Although i could make some improvements overall I believe my presentation is very creative and i'm very happy with the outcome of my design.

Comments

  1. Sam, you may need to change your layout of your blog as part of your essay is not directly underneath your mood board image. You will also need to improve your conclusion as it is a little short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fixed the mood board image and have extended the conclusion

      Delete
    2. Thank you! You may just need to re-look at this as the text is a little out of place

      Delete
  2. A good informative mood board which gives me a clear incite to the genres of music that he shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you this shows me I am doing good work

      Delete
    2. thank you this shows me I am doing good work

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog